International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination 2023
As an internationally active company, we stand unequivocally against racism. We are aware of the power imbalance between white people and people of color. It is a matter close to our heart to combat this power imbalance within the scope of our possibilities. The following quote describes our understanding of international cooperation:
“Responsible partnership requires that you pass the mic to the unheard. No one is ‘voiceless’, you’ve been taking over us for far too long.” (@nowhitesaviors 2020)
As a European company, we have the privilege to be heard. Today, on the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination 2023, we’re passing the microphone to underrepresented groups. The following books were written by people of color, educating about racism, its roots and its consequences.
- Ta-Nehisi Coates: Between The World And Me. Text Publishing Co. 2015.
- Reni Eddo-Lodge: Why I‘m No Longer Talking To White People About Race. Bloomsbury 2017.
- Ijeoma Oluo: So You Want To Talk About Race. Seal Press 2019.
- Layla F. Saad: Me And White Supremacy. Sourcebooks Inc (IL) 2020.
- Alice Hasters: Was weiße Menschen nicht über Rassismus hören wollen, aber wissen sollten. Hanserblau 2019.
- Tupoka Ogette: exit RACISM. Rassismuskritisch denken lernen. Unrast 2019.
- Mohamed Amjahid: Der weiße Fleck. Piper 2021.
- Tupoka Ogette: Und jetzt du. Rassismuskritisch leben. Penguin 2022.